13/04/2016

Day 87: Go to the movies.


(Carrots!)

It's been AGES since I was at the cinema for the last time and it was even longer since I've seen anything good there. Which is a shame, so me and my room mate decided, that we'll go and see Zootopia today.

And. It. Was. Awesome.
My Gods, it was.

I get that a lot of the things were lost in translation and also in the fact that the cultural references and social demographic is way different here in the Czech Republic than in USA, but as someone who study current events and the US history as well, I couldn't imagine better movie for this year. The animation was great, the city itself reminded me of solarpunk aesthetic and art nouveau architecture SO MUCH I was squeeling with delight. The character designs of the animals were cool as well as the plot of the whole story was clever too, even though it got a little bit repetitive - but come on, it's a kids movie.

I'm just a bit disapointed I didn't get to experience all the great puns and everything, as it was dubbed, - because, hey, it's a kids movie - but I have to admit that the transaltion was good nonetheless, which is sadly something that doesn't happen very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment