03/12/2016

Words & Swords

NaNoWriMo is over and it was a wild ride. In order to force myself to really push hard for the win, I wanted to do (at least) weekly updates about my writing process. As you can see, none of them actually happened. Ups. The good news is, however, that I won and I have 50,000 words for a story that I am really excited about. The even better thing is that I have found a couple of like-minded people when it comes to writing and it has been so much fun to gush about our stories. The thing I am really proud of, though, is the daily writing habit. I managed to update my word count every. single. day. Even if I had written one word only (that actually did happen once).

I admit, November has been super stressful month for me and December is not looking any better. And I can't even look at 2017 right now, that's how little I'm prepared for what's about to come next. I think we can pretty much all agree, that this year has been a bad one. But I survived, we survived, and to keep on surviving I need a creative outlet. I need to do something selfish and full of lies, that's mine and mine only and no one can take that away from me, because I am the one who made it. I am in full control. I've figured that I will always be stressed out and always be busy and always be rubbish at managing anything, so I might as well be procrastinating every day by something that will actually make me happy in the long run.

So I don't want to throw all my writing efforts out of the window for the sake of being a successful adult™. I decided to take it easy and downgrade to only 500 words a day, every day, by hand, to clear my head and colour the margins of my notebooks with pretty colours and think about swords and epic adventures while drinking my tea and eating breakfast and mentally preparing for the day that I will most surely hate.

And if I have to wake up in 4 am to make it happen, I'm gonna do it.

* * *
What do you wake up for?

No comments:

Post a Comment