Phone calls terrify me (ha, anyone surprised?) My face can sometimes terrify me too. And facing people in general tends to be a big no-no. But since I'm not (yet) a hermit writer living somewhere at the end of the world locked away in a creepy cabin, I have no choice but to buckle up and face the horrors.
But I am actually glad, that the nightmare from http://mint-teatime.blogspot.cz/ decided to call me via skype and show me her first book ever! Full of her amazing photographs from their family vacation in Cape Verde. And as a true friend, she was okay with me remaining in darkness and not switching on my webcam <3
We chatted for 46 minutes - which is easily the longest phone call I have ever endured. And I didn't get a panic attack. And we complained about everything and I saw her dog and got to see her silly face again. All of the things I missed.
And I can't believe that I am actually saying this about a living, breathing human, but -
- I hope to see you soon in person.

:* (hug) V.
ReplyDelete