Surprise! I'm 23 years old. A little over 8,400 days. I know, I know, I can't believe it either. I generally hate all kinds of birthdays and avoid them as much as I fucking can, but one fact remains: I am an autumn child. Autumn is my favourite season and October my favourite month. I also stumbled upon a trend of youtube videos about things, lessons, that people have learned throughout the years and were compiling on their birthdays... and I decided to do it too, before the month is over, as a nice way to revive my blog, shake off the dust here and there, polish the bones etc.
So, these are the 23 lessons that I have learnt and I should be acting accordingly, or at least try. Hope you enjoy!
I. Writing a book is simple, not easy. But no matter what, remember, that writing is the thing you love the most. Don't let your stupid mess of a brain convince you otherwise.
II. Back. Up. Everything. Regularly.
III. Memento mori. There are no second chances.
IV. Everything is mutable. Nothing is unchangeable. You can do whatever you set out to do. But don't set out yourself to do all the things at once, because you'll achieve nothing and turn yourself into a crying mess. Pick one thing and stick with it until the end.
V. Do not aim for perfection, aim for finishing. There will always be someone who can do something better than yourself, but there will be no one who has done the things you did.
VI. Being sick, broken or to have any other disadvantage doesn't mean you've failed.
VII. Do not force yourself to fit into a box. You do not need chains to have a personality. You do not need a title to be worthy.
VIII. Past cannot be changed. Don't wallow in it. There are plenty reasons for crying yet to come, you don't need to hold on to the old ones.
IX. It's okay to love. It's okay to lust. It's okay to do none at all, ever. Honestly you don't need to be romantically or sexually loved to be valued as a companion. Just make sure there is no other "you" and you will be cherished as you deserve. Make all of your acquaintances "know" there's no other "you" around. Your relationship, whatever it may be, will be one of a kind. Behave like that.
X. "Si non confectus, non reficiat. That was the motto of the Vetinaris. Everything worked if you just let it happen." Fight the universe by adapting. Become morally superior to Gods.
XI. No one can fight as fiercely as a girl can. Remember that.
XII. People will forget what you've done and said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. Gods forget neither.
XIII. Have no regrets. Do whatever you think is best at the time with the information you have. If you make a mistake, accept it and learn from it. Grow.
XIV. Being clever or talented doesn't mean you have to be successful at the first try. Don't be afraid to make those mistakes.
XV. Leave your emotions for the Art. You are really bad at them IRL. But don't be ashamed for crying. It means you feel something. Which is always better than depression.
XVI. Strive to be better, not perfect. Better than you were yesterday. Stop procrastinating. Question things. Trust yourself.
XVII. Curl your hair. It makes you feel awesome. Being sexy and confident is a mindset. Having curly hair is a part of that for you.
XVIII. Black goes well with everything. Especially black.
XIX. Optimism is useless, it will always let you down sooner than later. Be a pessimist. Hate everything. You'll get pleasantly surprised now and then when something doesn't fuck up, but you'll still be prepared for the worst. The pillar of the fucking universe.
XX. Honesty is the best policy. If still in doubts, use sarcasm.
XXI. Words are power. Knowledge is power. Curiosity is power. All dangerous in their own way, handle with care. Share with friends. Conquer the world.
XXII. Be evil, but as Wil Wheaton says: Don't be a dick.
XXIII. Do not forget to breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment